Thursday, April 19, 2012

A New Challenge

This is the card that I am submitting for this week's challenge: MFTWSC68. If you  check here, you can see where I colored the little ones last week. I had not decided how to place them on a card front, but this week's sketch is just perfect. I love how her dress and wings came out, (see the other post for a close up) I am not fond of  my grass technique grass - the yard needs some maintenance.

On the other post you can find an index for the colors that I used as well as a close up showing the wings and wand. For the wings, I added a layer of sparkle over the copic colors  by using a Sakura stardust pen and an aqua pen. If you make a line or scribble and then move the ink around with an aqua pen before it dries, it gives this great shine just where you want it without showing a line. I also added a Swarovski flat-back crystal to her wand and to the flower centers. Spica pens added more glitz to her wand and tiny hearts and shoe pompoms.

The little one is "Fairy Girl" from MFT and she is stamped on Solar White Neenah with Memento: Tuxedo Black. I masked the mushroom before stamping. The card base is from SU: Daffodil.  I used a scalloped square Nestabilities die for the frame and side trim (just cut a couple of times and pieced a strip); MFT dies used were Fishtail Flags Stax, Flower Trio and Leaf, Mini Doily Circles, and the flower center is from Botanical Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment