Sunday, April 29, 2012

Time to Play

I didn't know if I was going to be able to get a MFTWSC done this week. It's been crazy busy at school and I have a pile of notebooks still to evaluate - but - there's no school tomorrow! We don't know why we have a random holiday, but no one's complaining - especially me.

Last week, I chose some DP from Michaels and colored Butterfly Kisses to match, but decided the layout when the Wednesday Challenge came out. The card base is SU Celery and she is stamped with Memento's tuxedo black on copic X-press it white.

At the end of this post, I have included an index of the marker colors I used for her and her twin (who is not mounted yet). A small crystal adorns her hair clip. Anita said that she looked undressed, so I added an organdy skirt using 2 1/2" of organdy ribbon, gathered and sewn onto the card. The ribbon was 1" wide from SU that I folded in half lengthwise (because I didn't have 1/2" ribbon - hard to imagine that I didn't have the ribbon I wanted.)

The DP is mounted on SU cardstock: River Rock and and Taken with Teal (expired). Velveteen scalloped ribbon embellishes one side and the sentiment from the set is altered. The sentiment is mounted on a scallop circle die from nestabilities and I made some leaves from organdy ribbon and the larger of the rolled mini rose cut using a MFT die and felt. To make leaves from ribbon, cut a length of ribbon twice the width (in this case 2"). Fold both outside, top corners to the middle of the bottom forming a triangle and run a small gathering stitch across the base.

A resist canvas butterfly has been dyed with distress stains (broken china and shabby shutters) and rests on some flags of DP on the inside of the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment