Sunday, April 29, 2012

Butterfly's Twin

I had to make a big decision today: evaluate notebooks for school or play with the butterfly twin. As you can see - no contest. You can see the markers that I used for her in the index at the end of the post here.

Her extra set of wings is baja cardstock punched with a Martha Stewart punch and sponged with Inka Gold in Old Silver. She is foam mounted on a retired SU cardstock (almost amethyst) and cut with a MFT die that I picked up on my trip yesterday. I trimmed a piece of DP and layered the die. Both pieces are sponged with broken china distress ink.

A piece of ribbon from my stash wraps around the card front. Die cut scallops are cut from SU cardstock: celery, baja and amethyst. The MFT mini rolled rose and flower are cut from DP and the edges are sponged in Inka Gold. A crystal rests inside the center of the rose. Behind the flowers is the MFT flourish.




The card base is SU cardstock: baja. The inside of the card has scallops and the flower trio cut from DP and sponged with more Inka Gold and button centers.








No comments:

Post a Comment