Sunday, April 29, 2012

Copic Class with Wendy

I had a wonderful day yesterday; I traveled over to My Favorite Things Boutique in Eustis. It was perfect weather for a trip - I put the top down and some tunes on and headed over to central Florida with a scenic drive through the National Forest. It didn't take me as long as I thought and it was very easy to find. Kim and her daughter are so warm and friendly and the shop is delightful. I really enjoyed all the beautiful samples and being able to see the dies in real size (I find perspective hard when viewing cards online) and handling all the extras - felt, paper, ribbon and twine.

The purpose of this trip was to take two, two hour Copic classes from Wendy Ramlakhan. You can see her work at http://sugarpea-designs.blogspot.com/. The first technique class covered basic blending, basic faces (and knees) and hair, creating texture with colorless blending solution, and coloring white. After a short lunch break at Olivia's next door we covered more complex hair and skin, feathering, coloring black, creating pleats and coloring metallics like copper. Wendy is very organized and the class flowed nicely, even with a large class of 20.

I think I can see another road trip for the cult in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment