Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tweeting By...

Inspired by all the wonderful MFTWSC67 cards on splitcoaststampers this week, I decided to ink up a new set by MFT: You're So Tweet. There was a card by ravengirl  using a ruffled trim: I have SU pleated ribbon, but I had not thought to place it under the edge. I used 1/8" score tape along the edge and then used foam tape on the sides between the ribbon trim to attach to the background.  I really like the way this turned out. Using some DP that was on sale at Michael's, I paperpieced my first card (which reminds me of how much I ejoy playing with paperdolls) and  added grass underfoot the way I had seen on a card by stampinjewelsd . For my second card (I can never make just one), I cut the sweet little girl and placed her on a piece of DP because of the card by bfinlay. I have cut out images before, but have only placed them on solid CS that I have usually dry embossed.


The flowers are from a MFT set called Flower Trio and Leaf. The YR23 is used to shadow the dress along with some Honey Distress Ink. I forgot to go around the cut edges with a black marker - next time I will remember. It really does finish off the edges nicer.
The card base is SU cream confetti. The inside decorations are leftovers from my work space. I am trying to play with the inside of cards too - it makes such a nice surprise when the card is opened.
Card #2
Trimmed image and mounted on DP that has been inked around the edges with Honey Distress Ink.
This time the card is layered on SU Burgundy instead of DP.
 Yep, I slipped up and rocked the stamp - so I had to create a different way to show the verse. I used the Honey Distress Ink to color the CS. Two letters on this stamp (" l and e") just want to stamp thicker and I was trying to press lighter in that section and lost control. Don't you just hate when you mess up on the last step?
The R22 is used as a base for the dress (along with the R83/85) I wanted a warmer, brighter look to better match the SU pleated ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment