Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Easter

I received the nicest present from one of my students: she knows that I love peeps and dark chocolate and made this gift jar for me. This has been a week full of Mondays and this was such a wonderful way to start off my day. Michael has been out out town hunting turkey in GA. I have been playing with my toys. (He is back, but turkeyless.) I made a new storage book for my wafer thin die cuts since I had run out of room in my old book and there are some new dies that I have ordered from My Favorite Things (MFT). I love their new "fishtale flag stax". Be sure to check out their other new releases.
The die cut book is made of chipboard pages with one side covered with DP and the other side covered with a magnet sheet. Samples of dimentional flower dies are on the front; otherwise samples are glued to the paper with the corresponding die on the magnet side.
These are the flower dies found on the front cover. I am saving the page on the right for the new MFT alphabet die.


 I decided to enter the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #66. One of these two cards will be my entry. The stamp set is from MFT and is called "Good Fortune." I paper pieced her using some washi paper from my collection and colored her with my copic markers. She was cut out and layered on top of a white background that was embossed.  I have included the markers that I used. I couldn't find just the right decorative paper, so I designed my own paper for the panel on the right. White cardstock was stamped, colored with copics, inked around the edges and spritzed with Perfect Pearl Mists in Sunshine. I  

1 comment:

  1. Love your card. She is adorable! I love your coloring! So pretty.. I think it is so nice that your student made you a tasty gift. So thoughtful. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete