Sunday, April 1, 2012

It's the weekend!

Michael has been out of town with his fur baby and I have been coloring with my copics. I added new tags of color combinations from my last order of markers. Dick Blick has the best sales. I especially love the copic spica glitter pens - they have beautiful color and bling and write so nicely. I also added a couple of new face combinations and played with some hair colors.
I stamped one of my new sets from My Favorite Things and played with different color combinations. I masked off the mushroom and drew in some more grass with the copic .3 mulitliner. I need to go back to the book and revisit the lesson on coloring ground and grass; mine looks like it needs some lawn maintenance. I used one of the new face combinations, but I'm not real fond of the the darkest color (YR21); back to the color chart. I don't know how I am going to finish them yet; they are calling for a 6" square card because they already  measure 4 1/4" with the frame, but those squares need special mailing. Hmmmm. I guess I will have to wait for some inspiration to strike. Following is the index for the colors that I used as well as a close up of two of the pictures. The last close- up shows how the wings glitter. I added a layer of sparkle over the copic colors using a Sakura stardust pen and an aqua pen. I also added a Swarovski flat-back crystal to her wand.



No comments:

Post a Comment