Thursday, April 12, 2012

Another Sketch Challenge

I have really enjoyed creating  this entry for the MFTWSC #67;  This time I used a new stamp set that I picked up at our St Augustine Stamp Club this past Monday night; it is from My Favorite Things and called "Just My Type." This set inlcudes the metal die. Although my favorite words in this set  are "don't make me use ALL CAPS," I went with this verse for the challenge because I couldn't find the metal embellishments in caps! The DP is from my stash as are the metal letters. The metal letters were darkend with a layer of black acrylic paint.  The typewriter is clear embossed over Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The bow is seam tape that is dyed with Antique Linen Distress Stain and spritzed with Cappuccino Perfect Pearl Mist The lace die cut, by Holtz, is colored the same as the ribbon. The bow is formed by using a brad from SU to create the "knot." (Thanks for reminding me of this technique, Susan). The "paper" in the typewriter is lifted with layers of foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment