Friday, March 23, 2012

More Copic Action

I have really enjoyed using my copics. This is an old image from SU and I did not make an index of the colors that I used. I added a bit of shimmer along the wings that doesn't show up in the picture by using the clear, starlight pen by Sakura. You can achieve a subtle look using this pen if you spread the sparkle around using an aqua pen instead of leaving a solid line.


I have also enjoyed using my copic markers to color the Pure Innocence images from My Favorite Things. I have included the finished cards from yesterday as well as the index and finished little girls with their basket of eggs that I am using for some of my Easter cards. 





This next card was done with a technique shown by one of my friends at stamp club this month. She saw the idea online - I will try and locate her source and add a link here. It makes a quick card; basically, we used a die cut to make a mask from a sheet of transparency, sponged on colors (bashful blue, daffodil yellow and an orange) and then stamped a solid image (Upsy Daisy from SU) in black. The verse was stamped and then dry embossed. I layered the card on black and then bashful blue. Be sure to mask the edge of the mask well - it's really easy to get color where you don't want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment