Saturday, June 23, 2012

One is not enough

Since I had the Surf's Up collection out on my table, I just had to ink up the Surfer Dude too. I decided to use the same sketch challenge because I already had the shell necklace made. I went with the lei for the Surf Chick because this surfer shell necklace was lost against the leaf background.  These are shell pieces that I found on my last Caribbean trip.

He is stamped in Tuxedo black on neenah. The DP is from echo park (Splash). The cs is SU. He is also paper-pieced, fussy cut, and colored with copics. I used the MFT dies: jumbo squiggle (to be released in July); the catch a wave border; fishtail flags stax and the new sentiment strips. I should have inked the edges of the waves. They blend too much.

Colors that I used his skin were E21, E11, R02. For his suit I used YR12, YR15, YR18 and BG72, BG75 and BG 99. His board is shadowed with B00.


No comments:

Post a Comment