Wednesday, June 13, 2012


I spent my first morning of summer break runing errands, reading, cleaning and organizing my craft area. After re-organizing my copics, I made this week's challenge using a new set I purchased this weekend on my road trip. She is MFT's Mermaid stamped in memento on copic x-press-it and colored in copics. The cardstock is SU (navy). One DP is from Bo-Bunny; I created the other layer of DP using distress inks (peacock and jeans). Her body is paperpieced from another piece of distressed paper using peacock, peeled paint and broken china. Pearls accents are from SU. Glitz is added using an aqua pen and a sakura stardust gel (since this is water soluble you can make and line and then blend it over the paper surface using an aqua pen). MFT dies are used: fishtails and wave.

The copics I used for the skin are E50, E00, and E11. Sand is E30, E31, and E55. To add texture to the sand, I used 0 and a terry cloth towel. Seaweed is YG03, YG93 and YG95. The shell is done with E30, R20, BV20 and R22. The coral is R20 and R22. Her bodice is BG11, BG32, BG45 and B23. The tail fin was done feathering YG17 and YG03 with BV00 and BV02 and blended with G20. The sea is BG11, B21 and B23. The white was just too bright so I colored the banner with BG70.

No comments:

Post a Comment