Friday, June 8, 2012

MFTWSC75

Another week finishing up - I am almost late this week with my sketch entry; I've had the idea, just not the time. Ttoday was the last day for students - just teacher work days next week to finish up. I am in pretty good shape and should have time to start planning for next year. I already scheduled the graduation date for our preschoolers. (Auditorium time is in high demand every spring so I like to make my request early.)
This week's challenge showcased a stamp set I have been wanting to color. It is called "Hello Cupcake." Some of the sentiments come from the "All Occasion Sentiments" set. She is stamped in memento black on neenah white, paper-pieced and colored in copics. The DP comes from My Mind's Eye and is called "Everyday Flair." I love the soft colors. The cardstock is SU: white, primrose (new 2012 in color) and blush and sage (retired). Distress ink (broken china) is sponged around the edges of the papers. Glossy Accents is applied to her shoes and to the sprinkles. (I am thinking the cherry would be cute too). The image is cut from a nestability circle (the outside is hand cut because I don't have the right size - I know - hard to believe), A MFT die is used for the mini tab.
Don't you love this flower? I used the MFT Royal Rose (and leaves) die to cut 4 layers of coffee filters that I dyed with distress stain (lipstick with different amounts of water added to dilute and vary the color). I am so happy with the result.

Copics used for the skin are E50, E00, E11, R20 and R00. The ground is E41, E40 and 0. The shadow is BV000, B70 and 0. The shoes and cherry is R14, R24, and R29. The icing is R20 (as is the dress shadowing), R22 and R24. The sprinkes are Y15, R27, B04 and YG25.

No comments:

Post a Comment