Monday, May 14, 2012

New Tag Technique

I don't remember where I saw this technique online - but I admired the look and tried to recreate it with this tag. I demonstrated this background technique at our monthly stamp club meeting in St. Augustine today.
1. Color the background of the tag - I used broken china distress stain. It doesn't have to be neat and you can choose your own method of adding color-maybe Dylusion sprays. Dry.
2. Spritz for some sparkle - I used Perfect Pearl Mist in bronze. I think that Inka Gold sponged over would be a great look also. Dry.

3. Dry emboss - I used the Holtz gears folder.
4. Use a blending tool to sponge on ink over the raised areas. I used walnut distress ink.






 
5. Embellish as desired. I stamped a new MFT promotional sentiment on vanilla cardstock that was die cut with a MFT vertical greetings die and then I blended some antique linen distress ink around the edges. I went through my stash and found some Holtz gears and a paper and a metal flower; I colored some pearls with copics; added some Hero Arts sequins, some then Swarovski crystals. I tied some ribbon and trim at the top and created a dangling charm from crystals and a pearl. The tag is mounted on SU cardstock in expresso (because the metal parts are heavy and it need stabilizing).


No comments:

Post a Comment