Thursday, May 10, 2012

Meeting the challenge with Loralie

For this week's challenge #71, I borrowed a Loralie stamp from Kitty called Beach Bum. I really enjoyed working with the copics on this Loralie lady and plan to do more. The hat became the challenge's circle accent - even it it is on the opposite side.
This is the card that almost wasn't. Last night, I was on the last step - stamping the inside verse, and accidentally brushed the front of the card across the black ink pad. I was so frustrated that I just had to walk away.This morning before work, I deconstructed the card, restamped the verse, trimmed away some of the black edges and relayered. Last night, I tried to wash off some of the ink from the floral background, but it wasn't happening. This morning I had the idea to cut out another flower and pop dot over the place brushed in black. I really like how it worked out. The pearls embellishments are colored with copics to match the rest of the card.

The DP was picked up this weekend at our local shop because I love the bright pink and sea blues. It is from imaginisce. The hat is paper pieced and shaded with copics. I stamped the crown a second time and pop dotted. I tiny twist of tulle was inserted under the bow. I used a MFT die for the inside along with a shell image from the stamp set and some more colored pearls. I included an index at the end of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment