Monday, May 28, 2012

MFTWSC73

Yea, No work today so more time to play! I am down to the minute on this week's challenge: besides having spent the last two days playing with the "cult," I was waiting for my new MFT stamps and die to arrive. I love the new Hula Girl and hibiscus flower (especially the leaf). These items will be available to order on June 5. The embossed lines are really perfect. Sorry they don't show in the picture.

The PI was stamped on copic x-press-it white with memento ink. The DP was from echo park (splash) which we received on our Holtz cruise. I didn't care for this pack in the beginning (mostly because of the orange - not my fave color) but have reached for it several times recently. The card base is SU cardstock: taken with teal (retired). The flower is DP and the leaf is SU: limeade. Papers have distress ink blended on the edges. The flower was slightly shaped with a stylus. There are two layers of flowers just slightly off-set. The bottom layer is darkened with an application of discress ink. The image was cut out with the MFT vertical greetings die.

The copics that I used to color this image:
skin: E50, E00, E11 (R20 & R00 for cheek color)
hair: E97, E15, E99
suit: BG11, BG32 with a bridge to BG18
grass skirt: YG03, YG63, YG93
hair flower is a crystal and orange spica

PS: OOPS!  It wasn't until after I photographed and uploaded her that I noticed that I forgot to give her some ground to stand on and some shadows around her. I used E21, E30 and E42 for the sand and BG 000 and BG70 for the shadow. I also accented the inside of the flower. She looks a bit more finished now.


No comments:

Post a Comment