Monday, September 3, 2012

School is back in session!

Did you miss me? School is back and it's a crazy, busy time. I have lots of students - about 190 daily - and I am not sure how I am going to keep up. They seem like a good bunch, but just keeping up will be a challenge.


It's been only a few fast and easy cards for the last two weeks. I made the first two cards with the "cult" a couple of weeks ago. I used distress stains and perfect pearl mists on watercolor paper to place behind die cut shapes: The flourish is from MFT and the fern is from Memory Box. The words and cs (shimmer, old olive and purple) are from SU. I used the cut outs on the inside along with some older words from my stash. It's an elegant look, but remember to stamp the verse before die cutting and then place this in a safe place away away from the inky mess of the stains. (I guess you can figure out how I know this).

 
We made this card last week. I copied the card from one that I saw on pinterest and then changed the colors using this color inspiration from design seeds. Be sure to check out my pinterest boards; I love spending time looking at all the wonderful ideas.

The colors didn't photograph very well. I used cs from SU: celery, wasabi, razzleberry and purple. (I know it looks blue, but it's dark purple).  The butterfly punch is a new one from SU; they have been dry embossed and embellished with some bling before being popped up on the 1 1/4" srips. The verse is also from SU and embossed in white. I used the 1/8" corner chomper to round the corners of each strip.

This last card is done for our Cult monthly challenge. This month we used the Mojo Monday Week #107 sketch. I used the SU set: For the Birds. The image is stamped in memento on neenah and colored in copics. I used E40; E31, E33 and E37 for the nest; R20, R22 and R24 for the heart and bird; and the image is outlined in B60. The paper is from My Mind's Eye; Lost and Found: Market Street. SU circle punches and PTI doily die are used for the focal image. Pearls and SU ribbon embellishes the outside; inside the MFT flag die and SU heart border punch are used.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment