Saturday, September 22, 2012

Finding Time to Color

It has been so hectic this year at school that I haven't had any time to be creative. Last weekend, Sept 14 and 15,  Kitty and I attended copic certification classes with Colleen Schaan. We were blown away; her work is awesome and she is a dream teacher. We both learned so much that we are on overload. I really need time to practice what I learned so I don't forget it all. I really like learning to use copics with airbrushing; I have added an air compressor to my wish list.

 I made some time last night after dinner to sit and color an old image from Great Impressions (#H89). I like the pumpkin highlights and the curly hair a lot. I sort of like the dotted ground but am not real happy that I lost my leaf highlights. Sigh! I tried a slightly darker skin, but couldn't get real brave yet; maybe next time.

Pumpkin Girl is stamped on ex-press-it in memento black. The card sketch is MFTWSC9. Nesties were used to cut the circles and scallop circle.  The DP is from BoBunny and called "Apple Cider." The cs is from SU: limeade and chocolate chip, as it the ribbon. Papers are sponged in Distress Ink: brushed corduroy. Inside, older sizzix leaf die cuts were used along with an unidentified verse.













Lots of lovely fall colored copics were used to make her pretty.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment