Sunday, September 23, 2012

OSW Cult Challenge

Two weeks ago we decided to stamp a half sheet of paper using the SU stamp set: By the Seashore. I bought this new set because I love shells, but haven't been real thrilled with the cards I have seen using it. So, I challenged the Cult to make some DP using this set and their choice of colors and create at least three cards. We are going to share our cards/directions this week. I used Baja, Midnight, Crumb and a touch of Suede ink on Vanilla cs. I used Crumb or Baja for the card base and then layered with Midnight and Suede and Baja (one uses Pool because I grabbed the wrong color!)

We all used the new set and then raided my stamp drawers for a smaller shell image that we used to fill in the blanks. One of the problems with this set is that there isn't much variation in size or texture. I also dug out my air splatter tool and sponges to add some depth and interest. I used an SU embossing folder and a variety of SU ribbons; as well as, a variety of punches and dies and sentiments (new and old) to complete the cards. I have included the cutting diagram if you want to create your own pretty paper.


A
B

C
 
D

E
F
 
 Here are some of the other cards made by the cult:
Joyce
 
 Kitty - with lots of nice glitter

Anita and one from Jan

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment