Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sanp Bags

I have been on a sewing binge. I borrowed Anita's pattern for the snap bags that she made all of us for Christmas to make a bag for my sister who is coming to visit next weekend; I have some special tea and beaded some dangling earrings for her. I found the perfect fabric for her with frogs on it when we were on our road trip last weekend. After time spent cleaning off my sewing table, it came out real cute and went together very quicklyand easily. The closure is two pieces from a metal tape measure that just snap shut. These bags are about 9" wide at the top and 6"x4" at the bottom.

 In fact, this bag went together so well that I decided to make more; I have plenty of fabric in my stash and managed to cut the pieces for eight more bags. After a quick trip to the store for more batting and interfacing I went into some assembly line sewing. I made the first four on Sunday and decided to give them to some of my staff at school as a thank you for all they do; I delivered them today with some snacks inside.
The next four are going to be put aside for Christmas presents. These make such great gifts; I love the one that Anita made for me and use it to store my Zentangle supplies. I intend to make another bag for myself to hold tape and scissors and such for when I take classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment