Wednesday, July 18, 2012

CAS Christmas

Completed my next set of Christmas cards and met the Stamp Club challenge with this card:

The cardstock is from Marco's Paper -  a cream shimmer - that I bought on sale at Stamp Fest in February

The "joy" is cut using MFT lowercase alphabet dies. I measured and then taped the back of the dies to a piece of acetate so that they would be even when cutting. All I had to do was line up the side and bottom of the acetate with the edge of the card, placing the cutting side down, to get straight cuts each time.  I would suggest making the piece of acetate the size of the card front (there is a slight impression at the edge of the piece).





The holly is SU old olive cs that was cut with  a McGill punch. The holly punch out was colored with distress stain, then covered with glossy accents and glitter to create an epoxy-look sticker. The bling was from Michaels.
Inside, I used MFT fish tail flags to cut dp from Authentique "Festive". The sentiment is from Penny Black called "Joy - Hope" and is stamped in SU ink: old olive.

No comments:

Post a Comment