Saturday, July 30, 2011

Welcome a new Free Spirit baby

Today took a break from sewing on the king size quilt for the kids and finished a new spirit baby. This one is for Kathryn (Beads and Baubles in Deland). I wanted to send a little love her way; she is so kind and caring toward others. I always enjoy my trips to her shop. Of course, she had to be purple for Kathryn.
Amazingly enough, I had just the perfect fabric and beads in my stash so the designing went quickly. My best find was the tiny Swarovski crystal butterflies used in the dangles from her arm; they were the perfect accent. I have had the larger purple beads in my collection for a while and they were just the perfect color. I like using the look from using two colors of beads in the picot edging (thanks for the inspiration Elaine). I only had to take out and redo one set of beads that just didn't work.


To my surprise, the hardest decision was in designing the head/hair. This is usually the first decision that I make. It was Anita's idea to repeat the use of flower beads on the head. I even had one more small crystal butterfly that I could use; I really like how this turned out.

Check the Bead page for pictures of more spirit dolls. We are working on our next spirit baby swap. I have finished mine, but won't post it until after the exchange and she is adopted.

No comments:

Post a Comment