Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kissing

 I spent some time this week getting inky. At our weekly "Cult Meeting" this past Tuesday, Anita shared the first row of techniques from the Jennifer McGuire online inspiration sampler. She brought supplies for us to make samples of our own to staple to our directions. I was insprired by the "Kissing" technique; one I haven't done in quite a while. I cut up a page of glossy paper into ATC size pieces and pull out my distress inks and then I played with various color combinations. Check my Stamping page under Nov 6 for more examples and directions. The backgrounds are lots of fun and addicting - you just have to make one more!

Putting these pieces into cards was just as much fun. Don't you just love the embellishments? These were just as addicting to make. This is a Tim Holtz technique from the same class (he was a guest artist). The ribbons were dyed with distress stains and spritzed with pearl misters. The card backgrounds were sponged, embossed, distressed, blended and spritzed.
I was having so much fun making embellishments, that I also made a tag to share at our meeting this week (as well as for the St Augustine Stamp Club Christmas Tag challenge). Check out directions on the Tag Book page under Nov 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment