Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas Cards

I did it - finished the third set of Christmas cards - and it's before Thanksgiving! I used a new stamp set from Hero Arts called Holiday Cheer that I bought when I picked up the another set that Claire had ordered for me. This stamp set comes with matching dies. I cased the design from the Hero Arts site using SU Shimmer cardstock, matted on black and layered onto a Kiwi card. The white was masked (I love using the Eclipse masking tape) and the blue was done DTP using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. Before removing the mask, I spritzed the sky with Perfect Pearl Mist in Turquoise. The trees were inked in Celery and rocked onto Wasabi before stamping onto pieces of shimmer cardstock. The trees were then cut with the matching dies and embossed with iridescent powder. A glue line of iresdescent glitter was added at the horizon. The larger tree was glued down and the smaller tree has a dimentional dot to raise it. The verse was stamped in black and a small crystal was added to the "o." The two snowflakes by the words were stamped in Cool Caribbean .

No comments:

Post a Comment