Sunday, December 9, 2012

Journal Love

Anita, Elaine and I headed off to Whim So Doodle in St. Pete yesterday for a wonderful journal class with Stephanie Ackerman. She is so warm and friendly; we learned lots of techniques and her class is creative and stress-free. You can find her blog here. These are pictures that I took of our time being creatively messy.
Cyndi and Stephanie
My tags showing embellishment techniques that we learned. I am going to include them in my December Daily Journal instead of putting into an art journal.
 I love the cover of my altered book. I think I am going to gut the inside totally and just use the cover. I saw the directions on pinterest for altering books - I think I pinned it. I don't care for the inside appearance of an altered book. I would rather have a more flexible binding where I can add/shift and change out pages when I want.
 
Here is my December Daily journal page for this day showing some of the cool collage and embellishing  techniques that we did in class.
 I created an envelope this morning to store receipts and class notes - aren't you surprised to hear that I already typed up my class notes. I had to before I forgot how to interpret my scribbles.


The girls and I are heading off to MFT for another Road Trip next weekend to Mingle and Jingle!

No comments:

Post a Comment