Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thankful

I am so thankful for life's many blessings. Family came together last weekend to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday; it was so wonderful to have family gather from near and far. Thanksgiving day was quiet and a small gathering of friends.

I spent today playing with my new air compressor. It came in a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't really done more than turn it on. I made the following cards:


The sympathy card is done with a masked oval window using V15, BG72 and G99. The SU image is stamped in Memento on SU whisper white cs. The image is layered on SU plum and then mounted on whisper white.

Happy Holidays uses SU artichoke ink on whisper white cs and stars my all-time favorite SU stamp set: Lovely as a Tree. I air brushed copics (Y21, Y28 and BG72) to create the sky. I used MFT's new die: Snow Drifts with an edging of Frosted Lace stickles and a retired SU greeting stamped in artichoke. The card front was spritzed with Perfect Pearls mist, layered on artichoke cs and mounted on whisper white.

I'm so Grateful from MFT's stamp/die set: Thankful Leaves is stamped with SU Suede ink on Vanilla cs and mounted on Crumb. A band of suede cs is embossed in an SU embossing folder. The leaves are cut from SU text paper using the MFT Fall Leaves die . They are air-brushed using E49, E35, R29, Y15 and YG97. They are mounted on the suede band along with SU crumb tulle and seam binding and a button.

The next card also used the MFT Fall Leaves stamp/die set. The layout is MFTWSC99. I air-brushed E49 and BG72 around a leaf die cut on the main image and also distressed the edges of each piece of paper. The script from Thankful Leaves is stamped in SU suede. The dp is from MME: Lost and Found called Portobello Road. The card front is layered on SU cs: suede and mounted on a card base of baja. SU crumb tulle and baja seam binding accent the image. Other MFT dies include a lace border and oval tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment