1. Use opening of frame to mark placement on the right side of the fabric. My opening is 9x11.5 because I think it fits the wire hanger better. The finished size is about 1/4" smaller because it draws up a bit.
2. Cut fabric 1/2" past the marked line. It will measure about 10 x 12.5
3. Cut the batting the same size as the quilt top.
4. Cut the backing 9.5 x 12 and cut about a 3" slit in the center of the backing piece.
5. First lay down the batting; then layer the quilt top (right side up); finally center the backing with right sides together. It will be a bit smaller.
6. Sew all the way around using a 1/4" seam allowance (measuring from the cut edge of the backing piece). Be sure to use a walking foot (even feed foot).
7. Trim edges to a scant quarter and trim off corners.
8. Turn through the slit and iron flat. You can hand-sew the opening shut or not. Press quilt sandwich.